This 3-day training course is designed for Federally Funded Human Trafficking Task Force members, law enforcement officers, investigators, state prosecutors, and intelligence analysts. Law Enforcement and Prosecutors train together using the Enhanced Collaborative Model and structured case planning to investigate and prosecute human trafficking cases. This training is based on a trauma-informed and victim-centered investigation philosophy, and a structured case planning approach that is proactive and multi-disciplinary centered. This comprehensive anti-human trafficking training program is based on nationally successful curriculum designed and delivered by subject matter experts in their fields, utilizing vetted curricula, complex case studies, learning checks throughout the training, and supported with participant guides. This course also includes training on mandatory reporting required of task forces.
This training includes the full content of our Advanced Human Trafficking Investigations course for law enforcement officers and the full content of our Anti-Human Trafficking for State Prosecutors. These two groups train together in preparation for working together using the Enhanced Collaborative Model to investigate and prosecute human trafficking cases. General sessions will include all participants, and there will be specific breakout sessions with content specifically for each group.
The course content includes:
- Case analysis and development
- History & overview
- Legal foundations
- Advanced investigation skill development
- Enhanced Collaborative Investigation Model
- Structural case planning
- Pre-operational phase case planning
- Operational phase case planning
- Post-operational phase case planning
- Intelligence cycle and the role of intelligence analysts
- New trends and issues in human trafficking
- Victim recruitment
- Victim-centered approach of proactive investigations
- Effective approaches to interviewing alleged victims
- Grand jury issues
- Prepping the victim for trial
- Pre-trial issues
- Witness order
- Opening statements
- Developing prosecutorial strategies for taking cases to trial
This course is 3 days long. To host this training please contact Dennis Cusick at [email protected] or 651-917-2259.